• Own and implement test strategy across revenue, reporting, and data platform teams.
• Design, build and maintain a comprehensive, automated end-to-end regression suite for user-event and revenue data logging across platforms, including mobile, and implement it in relevant continuous integration pipelines. (Technologies: Python, XML, TeamCity, Selenium, SauceLabs, RabbitMQ, SQL Server, ElasticSearch, TestRail).
• Create an interactive test harness for the facilitated booking RESTful service API and actively test the service during early development. (Technologies: C#.NET, CoffeeScript, CSS).
• Develop an automated stream processing job to enhance data integrity by performing technical validation on logged data. (Technologies: Google Protocol Buffers, AWS, Apache Samza, Apache Kafka, Java, Maven).
• Identify and manage priorities to deliver team objectives and key results.
• Evangelise and advocate for data quality throughout the business in tooling, technique and process.
• Perform detailed investigations into issues highlighted by monitoring and automation anomalies, and those exposed through exploratory exercises.
• Generate ideas and develop solutions to promote the adoption of a unified data logging platform across the business with shared taxonomies. (Technologies: Apache Stack, Google Protocol Buffers, AWS, Bosun, Linux, Vagrant, Ansible, Docker, Drone).
• Perform triage and ‘green flag’ roles for squads on a rotational basis.
• Collaborate with other squads across the business in enhancing monitoring and mean-time-to-detection rates for high risk and priority production operations.
• Lead a cross-business team to promote better cross-office collaboration across Skyscanner's 9 offices in 7 countries.
• Massive improvements in data integrity.
• Vastly improved mean-time-to-detection for high impact issues, from days or hours to minutes.
• Significant improvements in revenue estimation allowing for better business strategy decisions.